immobiliser/fob problem?? - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZS / Rover 45 & 400

Old 06-11-2009, 03:19   #1
zac77

Car: Rover 400 (95-99)
Question immobiliser/fob problem??

I Have got a N Reg rover 414i.

Problem is that i can unlock the car with fob and am able to start it as well but after a while (driving to the local market) i can still unlock the door with fob but the engine wont start. the light turn on but the engine wont start. So have to wait for a while (i guess 10 ~ 15 min) and later when i try to start it works.

Anyone got a clue where the problem is as this has happened to me more than once now?

Thanks in advance.
zac77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 08:28   #2
S!NGH

Car: 45 1.4 IL
Have you checked the Key fob Battery? Sometimes replacing the battery and then syncing the fob sorts the problem.
HTH
S!NGH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2009, 11:54   #3
zac77

Car: Rover 400 (95-99)
Will get new battery later in the evening. In the meanwhile i found this doc to re sync fob. do let me know if this is the right one for me. thanks

this is the method i used to reset mine

step 1.) make sure that all windows and doors are closed (not locked)

step 2.) insert ignition key and turn from the off position to on position (do not crank engine) 6 times within 10 seconds. your key should be in the off position, when you have finished this procedure the hazard warning lights will flash twice to indicate that car is in programming mode.

step 3.) REMOVE the ignition key, press and hold the "UNLOCK" button, whilst still pressing the unlock button, press the "LOCK" button 3 times, then release the "UNLOCK" button and release the lock button. You will see the "FLASH ONCE" from the hazard warning lights, if not try step 3 again slowly!

notice*** if you have another fob to program then just follow step 3 only!!!... you can have upto 4 fobs programmed.

Step 4.) re-insert your ignition key and turn to the "ON" posistion, hazards should flash twice to represent programming finshed etc.

Step 5.) CHECK that your fob/s unlock and lock the doors etc
zac77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2009, 16:34   #4
Gareth1982

Car: 1996 Rover 414i
Send a message via MSN to Gareth1982 Send a message via Skype™ to Gareth1982
When you insert the key in the ignition, do you get the "beeping" from within the dash? and are you able to unlock the car also with the fob?

If you aren't getting the beeping when you turn the ignition on, you're able to unlock and lock the car with the fob, then that doesn't sound like a problem with the fob to me, since its doing it all correctly. Arming the alarm and immobilizer and disabling it.

Do you have any other fobs with car? Have you tried them.

Is this just a recent problem or has this being going on for a while?

This sounds very much like what happened with mine and found it to be the starter cable had some crud in it, quick brush off with a bit of sand/glasspaper on both the terminal and the inside of the connector sorted it out. (The wire can be found underneath the air filter.)
Gareth1982 is offline   Reply With Quote