75 Autochanger install/Glove box removal? - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Ask The Gurus! - Help and Advice Forums > In-Car Audio, Entertainment, Sat Nav etc...

Old 19-11-2003, 17:40   #1
logiclee

Car: Rover 75
Question 75 Autochanger install/Glove box removal?

Hi all,

After all your advice on changing the head unit I decided that an autochanger was the best way to go.

I am OK with the electrics so I just have a couple of things to clear up.

To get the head unit out I need two flat prongs in the head unit but do I have to take the top lip trim bit off? Looks like a couple of screws underneath it, is that it?

I'll be mounting the Changer in the glove box so will need to remove it. How is the glovebox secured in and what do I need to do/remove to get it out?

Thanks in advance.
Lee

Last edited by logiclee; 19-11-2003 at 21:02.
logiclee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-11-2003, 23:28   #2
G13SJC

Car: BMW E90
Send a message via MSN to G13SJC
Lee,

Yes your right, you have to remove the top lip. A piece clips out from underneath to reveal 2 screws. Once screws have been removed you can remove the second part of the lip.

The OE stereo is held in with two more screws. One is definately on the top left corner of the stereo.

Once removed the stereo should pop straight out.

To remove glovebox, first open it. remove the matting, or push towards the rear to reveal 3 torx screws on the floor and 4 on the roof of the inside of the glovebox.

Remove all 7 screws and the glovebox should slide out towards you ready for you to fit the changer.

Remember to diconnect the glovebox lamp as you wont get the glovebox out very far.

Feed wiring into centre console, connect together (as you have a new connection to the stereo (i take it your fitting manufacturer's changer) and route the changer lead into the glovebox.

Then reverse most of the above procedures to refit.

Hope this helps mate

Regards

Steve
G13SJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20-11-2003, 16:24   #3
logiclee

Car: Rover 75
Thanks for the info.

I fitted it this afternoon. It's a Sony changer with a Sony to Rover 75 (Philips) covertor.

I've got a problem though. The Sony will not eject the magazine and the Rover head unit displays "No Magazine".

I think I have a duff changer.

Lee
logiclee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20-11-2003, 21:12   #4
G13SJC

Car: BMW E90
Send a message via MSN to G13SJC
Was it brand new?

That type error message is usually found when the wrong type changer is fitted. I could be wrong tho

Regards

Steve
G13SJC is offline   Reply With Quote